General Joomla Questions
- What is Joomla?
Joomla is one of the world’ s most popular open source CMS (content management system). With millions of websites running on Joomla, the software is used by individuals, small & medium-sized businesses, and large organizations worldwide to easily create & build a variety of websites & web-enabled applications.
- How does Joomla work, and what are extensions?
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to.
Many companies and organizations have requirements that go beyond what is available in the basic Joomla package. In those cases, Joomla's powerful application framework makes it easy for developers to create sophisticated add-ons that extend the power of Joomla into virtually unlimited directions.
- How do I install my new CRMery extension?
Once you have an extension to install, you must upload the extension file (zip package) through the Joomla! extension manager.
* Please note that some download packages contain just the component while others contain all the various extension. CRMery includes the main component and plugins all in a single installable .zip file. To use CRMery, you will need to install only one .zip file. For installation directions, please refer to our documentation. Note: if you wish to install the module file named mod_crmery_lists.zip this file must be installed separately. This module is optional, and in most cases the information that is displayed within this module is also displayed elsewhere within CRMery.
Account and Pre-purchase Questions
- How can I purchase CRMery?
We try to make it simple to purchase CRMery. Simply click this link then click the "Purchase Now" button to checkout.
- How does CRMery compare to other CRMs?
Glad you asked! Check out how CRMery compares Vtiger and Sugar CRM. Have specific questions about a particular feature, just ask us in an email or through the on-site live chat!
- Can I use CRMery on any hosting provider?
CRMery may be installed on a wide variety of hosting providers. Because CRMery is a Joomla! component, the requirements for CRMery should be met by any host that allows Joomla to be installed.
- Can I test drive CRMery prior to purchase?
Absolutely. We offer a full demo version for you to kick the tires on. You can see CRMery in action at http://demo.crmery.com.
- If I’m not satisfied with my purchase, can I get a refund?
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase, so we do our best to offer the best possible products that we can. If you aren’t 100% satisfied with your purchase, please contact us so we can make things right. Because our license type is Open Source we do not offer refunds.
- How long does support last?
- With purchase, what type of support is provided?
The answer to this question may be found at our Support FAQ
- Can I install CRMery on multiple sites?
Because we release software for Joomla! a GNU/GPL platform our code must also meet those same standards. As such, we require that you purchase a CRMery subscription for each separate business.
- Does CRMery work with the latest version of Joomla?
Please refer to the system requirements section of this faq to check for compatibility as it contains the most up to date information. Note: we also post changelog updates for each new version of CRMery that is released.
- With which browsers is CRMery compatible?
We write our code to run successfully on all major browsers. That means CRMery will work in Internet Explorer 10, 11, and Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. Sorry IE6 lovers, but it’s time to update. Internet Explorer users may experience a slightly less-than-optimal experience due to the limitations inherent within the browser.
- I’m thinking of customizing CRMery myself. Will I be able to get support help?
We do not provide coding support, customization support nor customization services. However, our code is clean, well organized, and open and you may hire any qualified third party developer (of your choice) to customize CRMery to your needs.
- What are the system requirements to run CRMery?
The following are the basic system requirements necessary to run CRMery. These are fairly typical settings and most Joomla! installations will meet these requirements already.
Joomla 3.2.X – Joomla 3.6.X (only)
Apache with PHP 5.3.X - PHP 5.6.X (only)
MySQL 5.0 or above
cURL library (optional)
*Important Note: Joomla 3.6.X requires the latest version of CRMery or alternatively the updated router.php file in order to be compatible. Please read the 2.0.11 dev release notes / changelog for additional information.
- How do I update CRMery?
If your version of CRMery is out of date, you will see a notice on your admin panel. Yep, pretty cool right? (That's why we recommend cURL being installed). Click the notice to be directed to the latest version.
Want more specific instructions? No problem. Login to your Extension Depot account and download the latest package. Then simply follow the same steps as a fresh install by uploading through the Joomla extension manager. For reference, we have additional information available at the following link.
- Do you include the source code in your extension?
Of course. We are a true GNU/GPL extension. That means you have 100% access to all source code and all files. Nothing is encrypted. That makes it a piece-of-cake to make changes as you need them.
- GNU/GPL? What the heck is that?
GNU/GPL means we don't encrypt our work. It means when you purchase a support package from us you get full access to everything. Isn't that the way it should be? Besides, we're pretty proud of our code. Take a look and you'll see why. See more here http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html
- How do I get support for my purchase?
Directions on how to submit a support ticket may be found at http://www.crmery.com/support
- Can I easily translate CRMery to another language?
CRMery has been built using the standard Joomla! ini language files. You can easily change the language of the entire component by simply creating a new language file and placing it in the appropriate Joomla! languages folder.
- Do you have a translation for my language?
We use Transifex for hosting all our translations. Translations are available as soon as they are supplied by Transifex users.
- Can I use CRMery for a client’s site?
Certainly. In fact, we encourage you to do so, and then come back for another copy for another client. Just remember, we ask that you respect our business and support it by purchasing a separate copy for each business.
- Do you offer customization/design services?
We do not offer customization nor design services..
- Does CRMery need any special software?
CRMery needs nothing but Joomla! to run successfully. As a Joomla! component CRMery relies only on a stable running Joomla! site that allows for third party components to be installed.
- Do you have API documentation?
We have basic API documentation available here. Our code is clean and you may hire any qualified third party developer to make customizations.
CRMery Plugin Questions
- Does CRMery offer support for plugins?
We offer support on all of our CRMery-branded plugins for all of our users that have purchased CRMery. Have questions about the plugins we've created, just contact our support team by following the directions provided on our Support page.
Please note, we do not support 3rd party plugins. There are simply too many out there for us to support them all. We do our best to ensure that CRMery is easily extensible and developers can add their own code without headache, but we do not offer support for those plugins. Of course, our CRMery Plugins are guaranteed to work. If you hit a snag, pop a question in the support forum.